For many parents, visiting a nursery for the first time can be quite a daunting experience. There is lots to see and questions to be asked! But it doesn’t need to be a difficult process – it can be an exciting and fun journey that you take with your child! To ease your mind, we’ve put together some of the questions and a few sample answers our Nursery practitioners get asked when we show parents around our Kids Planet settings. Don’t be afraid to take a pen and paper to write down the answers – we know there’s a lot to take in at the time!
- What are staff to child ratios? The ratios, as outlined by Early Years Foundation Stage, are: 0-2 years – 1 adult: 3 children, 2-3 years – 1:4 and over 3 years 1:8 or 1:13 with an EYP or teacher.
- How will my baby sleep? When children start at nursery, we follow their routines to ensure there is a smooth transition from home life to nursery. We work with families to ensure there is a continuity of care. For younger babies we have cots and as children get older, we have sleep mats. Every child has their own bedding within nursery that is laundered at least weekly and whenever they sleep this is put out for them.
- What experience and qualifications do your staff have?At Kids Planet our staff are qualified to Level 3 in childcare or higher. Staff who do not hold a level 3 qualification are currently studying towards one.
- What are your opening hours?All our nurseries are open 52 weeks of the year and only closed for bank holidays. Many have early start and late finish times – all our opening hours can be found on the website.
- What is a key worker?
- My child has food allergies. How will they be managed?
- What will the daily routine be like?
- What feedback will I receive about my child’s day?
- What should my child bring to nursery?
- Do you take children out into the local community?
- What do your fees include?
- Does your menu change?
- What happens if my child becomes poorly whilst at nursery?
If you would like to look around your local Kids Planet nursery, our covid safe, appointment only Open Day is taking place on Saturday 6th March. If you like what you see and hear and sign your child up on the day, you will save £100 on the registration fee.
For full details and to book a place, please contact your local Kids Planet nursery for more details.
If you are looking to find a nursery then why not use our simple tool to locate the nearest Kids Planet Day Nursery to your postcode?