We’re very proud of our nursery gardens and outdoor play equipment and love being outside in all weathers. But, at this time of year, as the days are longer and the sun comes back out to play, it’s especially nice to get outside and into the garden.
To help, we’ve put together some simple gardening ideas for you to try at home this Spring with your little ones – just keep your fingers crossed for the weather to warm up!
- Go on a hunt for minibeasts (e.g. snails, worms and insects)
- Decorate plant labels to mark where and what seeds have been planted. Start saving those wooden lolly sticks.
- Plant some summer flowering bulbs such as lilies and gladioli for lots of colour later in the year.
- Prepare a patch of soil and sow some wildflower seed mixtures – they’re great for bees and butterflies and add lots of lovely colour too.
- Start pulling up any unsightly weeds. It’s not the most exciting part of gardening but if you catch the weeds before they have a chance to flower it’ll save lots of time later in the year.
- Sow carrots in rows but keep the soil watered for good germination.
We’d love to see your gardening photos and creations so please share them with us on our social media pages – don’t forget to tag us on Twitter @_KidsPlanet and Facebook @kidsplanetdaynurseries
If you are looking to find a nursery then why not use our simple tool to locate the nearest Kids Planet Day Nursery to your postcode?